The Data Analytics Unit (DAU) shall serve as the statistical unit of the university. The creation of the unit addresses the need for a unit that would provide statistical assistance and related services to the University and its stakeholders. It also endeavors to aid researchers, students, and other collaborative institution at producing high-quality researches with sound and reliable data. The unit shall provide clients a systematic way of requesting for assistance and assignment of experts that would most appropriately address their concerns.
The specific functions of the DAU are:
- To accommodate statistical consultancy and advising requests from students, faculty, researchers, instructors, and external clienteles;
- To provide appropriate statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, R, Eviews) including other tools for statistical analysis and data treatment;
- To organize learning activities that would broaden the knowledge of students, faculty researchers, and instructors on the concepts of statistics, statistical software, including analysis and interpretation;
- To conduct researches that would contribute to the advancement of the university’s statistical knowledge and capability;
- To ensure the generation of accurate and timely data and analysis;
- To formulate standards and guidelines concerning the generation of high-quality statistics;
- To compile generated data for repository as a possible resource for future researchers;
- To plan and enact programs toward the sustainable improvement of skills and competencies of statistical center personnel; and
- To establish linkages with private and/or public institutions for a broadened pool of resources in statistical services and research formulation.